“AFTER-SCHOOL ACADEMIC, RECREATIONAL AND ENRICHMENT PROGRAM”
The “Pursuit of Excellence” After-School Program is designed to reinforce classroom teaching by enhancing students’ learning experiences with additional home-work help, tutoring, test-prep, and hands-on demonstration.
Focusing on the following:
The Pursuit of Excellence After-School Program primary goal is to provide a conducive environment for safety and success for all students.
- Hire appropriately trained supervisory staff and teachers
- Parental consent is required, along with daily attendance
- Parent or authorized adult will pick up students two hours after dismissal
- Maintenance of a fifteen-to-one supervisory ratio
- Secured entrances and exits from the program site
Provide enhanced educational activities by integrating an educational support structure into each student’s schedule through:
- A homework assistance program.
- Tutoring in the grade-related subjects such as math, reading, science, social studies, etc.
Provide educational enrichment activities to supplement the regular education programs and to provide incentive for learning to include the following:
- Computer instruction and practice
- Club and group activities
- Arts and crafts, and music instruction and/or appreciation activities
Provide recreational activities including:
- Team sports, tournaments and skills contests
- Individual and group physical fitness and health
- Games including chess, checkers, etc.
Provide interpersonal skill and self-esteem development as part of our student’s social development.
This will be accomplished through the following:
•Recognition programs •Activities •Contests•Creative Activities •Participation Awards •Motivational Speakers •Movies •Quarterly parent/community meetings •Foster Behavior and Attitudes •Improved Communication Skills •Improved Self Esteem