Join a Class - iPad & iPhone
Join a class as a student - iPad & iPhone
This article is for students
To use Classroom, you need to sign in on your computer or mobile device and then join classes. Then, you can get work from your teacher and communicate with your classmates. When you join a class on one device, you're enrolled in that class on all devices.
How to join a class
You have 2 ways to join a class:
- Join a class with a class code—If your teacher gives you a class code, use this code to add yourself to the class. Your teacher might give you the code while you’re in class or email it to you.
- Accept an invitation from your teacher—If your teacher sends you an invitation, you’ll see Join on the class card on your Classroom homepage.
Forgot or lost the class code? Code won't work?
If you deleted, lost, or forgot the class code before joining a class, ask your teacher to resend the code or set a new one. If the code isn’t working, ask your teacher for help.
Note: You only use the class code once to join the class. You are then enrolled in the class, and you don't need to re-use the code again.
Join a class
Computer AndroidiPhone & iPad
You must be signed in to Classroom before you can join a class. Unsure if you’re signed in? Learn more about how to sign in to Classroom.
Join a class using a class code
- Tap Classroom .
- In the bottom-right corner, tap Add Join class.
- In the box, enter the class code your teacher gave you and tap Join.
A class code consists of 6 or 7 letters or numbers. For example, hjhmgrk or g5gdp1.
Accept an invitation from your teacher
- Tap Classroom .
- On the class card, tap Join.
Note: Only your teacher can change the class image. However, you can change your Classroom profile photo. For instructions, see Change your profile photo.