District ClerkThe District Clerk is appointed by the Board at its Annual Organizational Meeting and will serve for a period of one (1) year. The Clerk's duties include but are not limited to the following:
and assumes other duties customary to the office of District Clerk.
- Attends all meetings of the Board and keeps a record of its proceedings and records (Board Minutes)
- Ensure proper legal notices and announcements of meetings, district votes, etc. are published in accordance with law;
- Administer the Oath of Office to Board Members and other school district officers;
- Maintain the filing of the Oath of Office.
- Sends notices of special meetings to members of the Board; contacts and communicates with members as required;
- Hosts/oversees the Annual School Budget Vote & Election;
- Sees that the proper legal notices and announcements are published on all specifications and items out on bid, in accordance with state law;
- Maintains an up-to-date record of Board policies and by-laws;
- Delivers to, and collects from, the President (or Vice President) such papers for signature as may be necessary;
- Distributes notices to the public announcing availability of copies of the budget to be presented at the Annual District Meeting in compliance with the requirements of the State
Educational Law Section 2121 L Public Officers Law Section 104
Lavonie PeetsDistrict ClerkRoosevelt UFSD240 Denton PlaceRoosevelt, New York 11575516-345-7005 (office)516-345-7326 (Fax)firstname.lastname@example.org